Let's Play Ball

So many hours of my childhood were spent blissfully playing sports. From street hockey games out in "the court" (cul-de-sac) with my brother Scott and our neighbors, to dunks recreating the latest Sportscenter highlight reels on our Tykes Peak basketball hoop in our basement, I was usually in motion and usually trying to score points or goals of some form.

Sports will forever hold a special place in my heart because of the power in athletics to inspire dreams. Some of the most formative memories of my early years included my first Ohio State Buckeye game (it was against the Illinois Illini), the Columbus Chill (the first time where I remember losing my voice), or attending a Columbus Clippers game (and ringing my cowbell loud and clear) at the historic Coopers Stadium.

As I grew older, I also found inspiration and motivation from sports videos that took the values and principles embodied by the greatest athletes. These became my motivational speeches and I still watch or listen to these whenever I find myself lacking the push I need to reach my goals. 

Here are a few of my all-time favorites: 



















Comments

Popular Posts